Following the reveal of no less than seven upcoming wheel rims for their CSW base, Fanatec has revealed the impressive final piece of the puzzle – The Universal Wheel Hub.
Included With the Fanatec Universal Wheel Hub
The wheel hub is what powers all these new wheel rims, allowing custom button & display configurations, the usage of additional displays and pretty much all the customization options wheel owners could wish for.
Aside from shipping it with the new wheel rims, Fanatec is also offering the hub for sale separately, allowing sim racers to use any kind of third-party steering wheel on their CSW base.
- 4 x small button boxes with 3 buttons each
- 2 x small levers and 2 x long levers
- 1 x pair of small shifter paddles
- 1 x pair of large and fully adjustable shifter paddles
- 1 x Encoder with 7 functions: turn left, turn right, up, down, left, right, push
- LED display to show Tuning and telemetry info. Can we used in two positions
- USB charging port (no data)
- There is also a 5th connector for another button box and the data port for further expansion of functionality. An analog joystick or vibration function is not supported at this point.
An additional 16 buttons are placed on top of the unit for users who prefer to use buttonless third-party rims, still giving players the controls needed to sim race.
The release of this piece turns the CSW base into the most versatile steering wheel solution in the history of sim racing, allowing sim racers to use third party wheel rims without having to worry about DIY skills, software incompatibility or similar problems.
The Universal Wheel Hub will soon be available for purchase, selling for 249 Euros/Dollars (with tax/without tax), more info on Fanatec’s products can be found on their website.