Barry Rowland of The Sim Garage is among the very first to receive Fanatec’s new Universal Wheel Hub, putting it through a thorough review process.
The hour-long review covers all aspects of the unit, including unboxing, assembly and first-use impressions.
- 16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
- 4 button boxes with 3 buttons each
- FunkySwitch(tm) with 4-way direction pad, 2-way turning function and push button. Comes with a metal knob
- Small or big shifter paddles for different rim diameters.
- The big shifter paddles are fully adjustable in distance, width and angle
- Shifter paddle units can be taken off to save weight.
- LED display for Tuning or telemetry functions. It can be installed in two positions: Standing or flat
- USB port to charge a smartphone. No data
- An additional 5th button box unit can be attached (not included)
- Data port for future feature upgrades
An additional 16 buttons are placed on top of the unit for users who prefer to use buttonless third-party rims, still giving players the controls needed to sim race.
The Universal Wheel Hub is now available and in stock, selling for 249,95 Euros/Dollars respectively.