iRacing have announced they are now supporting Mac OS natively. Apple has been on the margins of simulation normally requiring Bootcamp to operate a Windows session. This adds an additional overhead so (as Mac fans at SimRoom) we are delighted to see a native version. A version running under Bootcamp is also supported.
The system requirements stated are:
MAC OS X Computers:
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), and Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Pro, or Mac Mini
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
- 2 GB of Ram
- 6 GB free hard drive space
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat
iRacing can additionally be run with Apple’s Boot Camp utility.